Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Updates on March Hols & Task for T2, W1

Admin Task
OAS Scanning : The OAS papers were scanned. The OAS papers have been returned to the respective subject head or HOD's. There was not much problems with the OAS scanning except for the class P4.1, where by we have to highlight that they are not supposed to skip the LOA pupils and push the pupils register up.

SpongeBob SquarePants File : Prepared the files for SpongeBob SquarePants. It was a laborious task for slotting the papers in and making sure the CD is intact. We intend to complete the task of preparing the files for classes p1.1 - p1.6 during the June holidays.

ICT Social Studies Project : I have discussed with Mdm Ramiah to know her intrest in doing the Social Studies Project for the P4 pupils. She was keen to do it this year too. She wants to do on the same topic 'Hajjah Fatimah Mosque' but for 2 classes namely, P4.1 & P4.5 Pupils. It will be a done as a discussion in the LEAD portal. The rubrics for marking the discussion has been done already. I have also talked with the ETD officer, Mr Anthony to find out his intrest in the project for the school, as he was involved last year. He is intrested and he wants to have a meeting with the Mdm Ramiah next week. The project will kickstart in Term 3 and end in the week 2 or 3 of Term 4. I will inform Mdm Ramiah on pasting the information in MS Word or MS ppt. so that she can incorporate it in.

Testing using the I sight & Movie Maker : We did the testing on recording the voice and image in I movies & Movie Maker. As mentioned, I movies is earier to work with, rather than with Movie Maker. You have mentioned your intrest in purchasing the Net support Manager for Mac. I have discussed with Topaz soultion in regd to Net Support Manager. Awaiting for their reply.

Enrichment Programme

P1 Emailing Module : Prepared the files with the lesson plan and outline for the teachers. Briefed Qizhen on the Emailing Module, so that she can also assist the teachers when there is a need. Printed the schedule template for Lilian to fill up for the Emailing Module. Need to remind Lilian again to get the slot for training the teachers and starting the Emailing Module on T2W3.

CyberWellness : I have prepared the materials for P3 & P4 Pupils on Netiquettes and for the P5&P6 pupils on Copyrights. The lesson plan and outlines are ready. The worksheets for the pupils are also prepared. Zhang Min is to take a look at them, before it is being sent for printing for the classes. Zhang Min is meeting us on Thursday 20/3 to take a look of the materials prepared.

DOT COM Club: Prepared for the session on Podcasting. The pupils will be using Grage Band to record their podcast. The pupils have been tasked to work on 2 projects. As for the first project, the pupils will learn to record their voice and add in jingles. We want them to be creative as they can be, by using the jingles and creating an imaginary idea. As for the second project, they will record themselves on the topic ' I wished my school to be....' The pupils will be working in groups.

The bunch of boys that I have for the DOT COM Club, are highly energetic and enthusiastic. Wanted to channelize their energy to get something productive. They have the interst to attend the DOT COM Club. I feel that learning just the softwares is not essential. The pupils need to keep up with the trends and technologies.

With all this in consideation, I created a blog for the DOT COM pupils. The purpose of the blog is for interaction and posting in their views and suggestions. This blog is also useful to post in any intresting news they hear or see in regard to intresting things happening around the world. It also serves as a place to upload their best works, for the whole class to see.The pupils of P5, who were in the DOT COM Club, last year have created a blog and they are still using it. You can check out the blog at http://www.dotcomians.blogspot.com/

On the other hand, with the high amount of energy the pupils are very noisy in the classroom. I have discussed with Hui Hui in regd to this and we have suggested on having groups for the pupils. The pupils are grouped into 7 grps. Marks will be given for good behaviour and marks will be reduced for bad behaviour.


Tasks for T2, W1 -17th Macrh - 22ND March
Make up lesson : I have planned for a make up lesson with the pupils who were absent for the Lesson 5 of Class 1 and Class 2 on 28th March from 10am - 12pm in Computer Lab 1. I have printed the letters and have distributed it to the boys already.

Prepared the file for Cyber Wellness : Prepared the file for filling in the lesson plans and outlines for Cyber wellness.

Prepare for Cyber Wellness : Photocopy the workseets for the pupils

Checked in regd to the sharing folder : Checked in regd to the extra folders created in the sharing folder with Ms Lum

Collect the P5 Digital Art work to be displayed for the Art Week. Send it to Linda Tan

Prepare for the P4 EP, I am the EXCELlent Boss.

Relief Lesson - P3.5 for Lee May Po

No comments: